Friday, November 7, 2008

Modest is Hottest

I've spent the past two Wednesday nights helping with the Young Women. They are all learning how to sew and making skirts. They have to be finished by next week so of course I spent part of today and yesterday finishing the skirt myself.

I'm posting this because I learned how to do a blind hem today. See?
This will come in handy if I ever have to make another party dress for Rachel. I looked at this tutorial for folding the fabric, but what made the difference between getting it right and giving up (a la party dress) was reading the instructions for doing this on my sewing machine. I don't have a manual and couldn't get the download to work when making Rachel's dress, hence the giving up.

I now know how to use four of the 21 feet Mom had for this sewing machine.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Susie,
I tried the pizza dough recipe the other night for the first time. For the flour I used 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat and 1 1/2 cups of white. It was sooo good (if I do say so myself) and I didn't even let it rise. Thanks for posting that on your recipe blog awhile back!