Saturday, February 6, 2010

Felt Green Eggs and Ham

Maggie is very into the book Green Eggs and Ham right now. In fact, I often quote it to get her to try new things (like the Winnie-the-Pooh ride). For her birthday, I made her a set of green eggs and ham out of felt, to go with her felt play food collection. The other felt green ham I found online was more of a slice of ham, but I went ahead and tried for a half a ham. I folded a square into a triangle and sewed on edge. Then I rounded the top (not enough) and added an oval to the opening. I sewed some detail stitching and a bone on the oval first. It was pretty easy to make. I think she's going to love it.

I used 1 sheet of green felt and already had the white felt and polyfill. So 30 cents for this gift.

It appears I am rapidly running out of the time when I can make gifts in front of Maggie. While I was finishing up the eggs, she walked in an said, "hey! an egg!" Oops.

I finally found the original idea I saw here. I really thought it was a ham shaped ham, but I guess not.

No comments: