Monday, June 13, 2011

The Three Little Pigs Activities

Here is an activity to go along with the story of The Three Little Pigs. We checked this book out from the library and Maggie was very interested in it. Then I told an exaggerated, musical version, and she became even more interested.

My story-telling skills must be pretty awesome. If you know this story, tell it yourself rather than reading it, because it's fun. The words we use are "Little pig, little pig, please let me in!" "Not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin!" And you can sing Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? And even hum Peter & the Wolf if you're so inclined. Anyway.

Here is the Three Little Pigs activity Tasha did with her kids. They built houses using toothpicks (straw), pretzel sticks (sticks) and square cereal pieces (bricks). As you can see, Madeline's edible building materials didn't make it to the page.
I gave Maggie some strings of yellow embroidery thread, toothpicks, and rectangles of red scrapbooking paper. She drew each house, then I put the glue on and she laid down her building materials. She didn't have quite enough "bricks" so she made a couple of her own.
There is a Richard Scarry DVD in my closet waiting for a gift-giving opportunity, and I think this story might be on it. Maggie will be in love.

No comments: