Sunday, September 11, 2011

Button Turkey

Thanksgiving already? I'm way early, but I got an itch to sew something and the button turkey I saw at Counting Coconuts has been on my list for a while.
Maggie helped pick out the colors, and the kids colored (a lot) while I sewed him. I blanket-stitched two layers of felt for the feathers, and whip-stitched the turkey face onto the body. We did a light-colored turkey, because our neighborhood turkey is white. No, really.
Maggie is learning the new skill of buttoning. None of her clothes require this, but she'll be getting a new wardrobe in a couple months.
She was very pleased with her first successful button!

2 comments:

Sarah B. said...

This is fantastic! Thank you for sharing it. :)

Brooke said...

Super clever idea. Thanks so much for sharing. This turned out really cute, and I love that it is such a fun way for practicing fine motor skills!