Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Homemade Rapunzel Dress and Wig Costume

Sienna was C-3PO for our Stars Wars Droids family Halloween costume.  But if you asked her, she was "the Golden Guy", or if pressed to name him, C-Creepy-O.  Sooo, I made her a different costume to wear to school.  And also as an excuse to make her a Rapunzel dress-up.


Peasant dress pattern: Simplicity 2377 (Minnie Mouse dress)


I made the dress much longer than the Minnie Mouse dress, and in a bigger size, but it's pretty much the same. The light purple pattern has hearts traced all over it, a cute little detail.


As for the hair, I estimate the yarn cuts to be about 9 feet long.  I'm guessing you'd need 12 feet strands to make a floor length one.  Sienna is about 44 inches tall.  It's a lot of yarn.

She loved wearing it for Halloween, and she loves dressing up in it after school most days.  Bonus: It was probably less than $5 to make.  And it's the same yarn I used for the C-3PO hat.

No comments: